1. Jolly Ranchers: Three of these hard candies have 70 calories, no fat and 11 grams of sugar. It’s hard to do much better than that.
2. Blow Pops: This 18-gram candy-gum combo has 60 calories, no fat and 13 grams of sugar.
3. Gobstoppers: Nine pieces of this everlasting treat have 60 calories, no fat and 14 grams of sugar.
4. Pixy Stix: There are 60 calories, 0 grams of fat and 15 grams of sugar in seven straws of this fruit-flavored candy.
1. Mr. Goodbar: A 49-gram Mr. Goodbar will cost you 250 calories, 17 grams of fat (including seven grams of saturated fat) and 23 grams of sugar.
2. NutRageous: Another nutty candy, a 51-gram NutRageous bar, will run you 260 calories, 16 grams of fat (including five grams of saturated fat) and 22 grams of sugar.
3. Snickers: Maybe a Snickers bar really should be a meal on its own. A 59-gram bar has 280 calories, 14 grams of fat — (including five grams of saturated fat) and 30 grams of sugar.
4. Baby Ruth: A 60-gram bar has 280 calories, 14 grams of fat (including 8 grams of saturated fat). It also has 33 grams of sugar, the second-highest sugar total among the candies examined, better only than a 60-gram 3 Musketeers candy bar that has 40 grams of sugar (though a 3 Musketeers bar has only eight grams of total fat).
5. Mounds: The only candy on our “Worst 5” list to not have peanuts, a 49-gram bar of this coconut treat has 230 calories, 13 grams of fat and 21 grams of sugar. It also has 10 grams of saturated fat, the most of any of the 37 surveyed candies.
I hated reading this because I LOVE Mounds and Baby Ruth!!! The only consolation is that I love candy corn even more!!!
Saturday night, many months of planning all came together for the 57th Annual Beaux Arts Ball. The theme was Oceans Away and people really went all out dressing up in all kinds of sea and ocean inspired outfits.
The organizers did a great job of setting up. The whole room was very festively decorated.
My friend Kate had her Katydid Designs booth stocked up with her cute ribbon accessories. She also started making the Junior League of the Palm Beaches palm shirts (shown above).
My neighbor had the cutest table filled with bright, colorful purses and accessories. This adorable basket is an amazing baby gift with onesies and a blanket.
I LOVED these elephant print pouches. Check out Elena’s Custom Designs here.
I met Elise of Francesca Joy Palm Beach. Their hand painted totes wristlets and cocktail napkins were so cute and festive. Check out their website here.
Next show this Wednesday..I will be setting up all of my stuff at EWM’s Coral Gables office after their sales meeting. Very excited!
Update: A resounding vote for Google..I have to agree. I use it at least 10 times a day!
Sorry no posts for a couple of days..I have been running around like crazy. Tomorrow will post my re-cap of the Palm Beach Junior League holiday market. It was lots of fun and very interesting to see what people were shopping for. I didn’t sell any of my new things-very strange..but sold most of my crystal bracelets and some Dabney Lee trinkets.
My flu shot on Monday has resulted in a 3 inch round red, hard and very warm area on my arm…like my arm has a fever. It is still sore and I am hoping to wake up tomorrow and it will all be gone.
The Beaux Arts Ball is Saturday night and I still don’t know what I am wearing…the theme is Oceans Away and you can wear anything ocean related..seriously anything. Ideas are welcome!
My Shellac nails have had it, I am racing to the salon in the morning to get them replaced. I have loved the 3 weeks of not worrying about chipping my nail polish. I had a nice red but am ready for a change.
The Real Housewives of DC reunion wrapped up tonight. It was painful to watch and I think the girls ganging up on the Salahis got old really quickly.
Hope everyone is getting ready for Halloween! I love candy corn, so this time of year is very dangerous!
You can create your own personalized cups, all sizes, many color and font choices..
Solo plastic cups..
This was my favorite group..a pink solo cup with a green personaliztion on it-how cute it that???. You can mock it up right there on the website and see how your design will look. Unfortunately, I could not cut and paste my samples for this post..something that took up quite a bit of time trying..
Frosted Plastic cups..
I love this website..so great for parties or just to have on hand for entertaining..or gifts!!
In my old guest cottage, I entertained all the time. Since I moved into this apartment, I just haven’t had anyone over. My good friends Hoby and Christina have invited me for countless dinner parties and out to dinner, so I promised them a dinner this month. We added Ricky to the list because he is usually the 4th in our group. Of course, how would I have known it would be crazy at work and not give me much time to prepare…
First, tidy up my apartment..always a chore when you run a business out of your home..not quite “realtor ready” as I like to say, but good enough..
Christina is an amazing cook and even has a blog where she writes about her and Hoby’s dinner parties. She also writes a column for the Miami New Times about food. Nothing like pressure to serve up something fabulous. My schedule did not permit, so I did the best I could. I got yummy snacks-I did chop up some vegetables to go with my spinach dip and had small pitas with hummus. Since we are in October, I added candy corn and some chocolate covered raisins in bowls to sit around. While I was getting ready, I made brownies for dessert and then finished tidying up.
So while I was stressing about what to serve, she apparently was stressing about what to bring…she ended up making yummy nuts and wrapped them with an adorable serving dish that we filled right away. She wrote about the nuts here.
For dinner, I ordered 3 different chop chop dishes from Chicken Kitchen, a favorite local chicken restaurant. To my serious surprise, they had never had it before! Ricky and I used to meet up there for lunch, so I knew he was good with my cheating dinner choice. It was delicious and so was dessert. I made Hobitinis for everyone..and after several of them, things got a little interesting..
A very fun night.now that my apartment is super clean, I might have another dinner very soon!